April 22, 2008

Rosaries and newborns

Last night I prayed my first rosary since our newest daughter's birth (5 weeks ago!!) This was an interesting exercise. Having converted just a year ago, it was my first time attempting a rosary with a newborn in the house. It went something like this-

Get the older 2 tucked into bed, nurse baby to sleep.

Attempt to lay baby down in the bassinet.

Success!

Begin praying rosary.

Announce first decade *cue wailing from the bedroom*

Get the baby, change the bay, nurse the baby back to sleep. Forgo the bassinet since it was silly to think she'd actually sleep in it anyway and let her sleep on the nursing pillow on my lap.

Proceed.

Second decade is fun to do, the toddler has ripped the page in half. Try to hold the page together with one hand, as the other hand is stuck under the baby (any movement could wake her!)

Proceed.

4th decade!

*cue fussing*

Comfort nurse baby back to sleep.

DONE! And it only took me 45 minutes or so.

Miraculously the older two went right to sleep. I suspect future rosaries won't be so lucky!

1 comment:

erin said...

Haha, I love these sort of of posts! I wrote one a few weeks back with a step-by-step 'how to make lasagna with a newborn and a 16-month-old', but I don't think I ever got around to posting it.
This really does go fast, though. To tell you the truth, my rosaries are only getting prayed in short bursts, never a full rosary in a sitting. I guess it's better than not at all? Anyway, looking forward to more posts from you!