1. I was a total Nirvana junkie when I was a
preteen...I like I was 12 when Kurt died!
2. When I was in 2nd grade I wanted to be an
astronaut and work for NASA.
3. I'm part Native American. Tsalagi (aka
Cherokee) to be exact, on both sides of my
family, though mostly paternally.
4. I love nature, my favorite thing to do on a
beautiful day is to take a nature hike with
5. November is one of my favorite months,
because I love autumn, my favorite season!
6. I love just about any type of asian noodle,
but I hate spaghetti.
7. I lost my necklace with my crucifix and two
Marian medals while I was pregnant, and still
haven't found it. :( St. Anthony is busy!
8. Raw nuts, particularly almonds, are one of my
9. I had my nose pierced briefly as a teenager, but
took it out because it felt like I had a huge
booger hanging out all the time.
10. Neville Longbottom is one of my favorite
Harry Potter characters. He's dorky and
sweet and brave when he needs to be!
11. I read a lot about nutrition and have a pretty
good working knowledge of it. This tends to
irritate the people I know in real life, though
my oldest daughter thinks it's neat and loves
to ask me questions about food.
12. I live in North-western Indiana.
13. There are nine letters in "Katie Jean" my
nick-name + my middle name! (Can you tell
I'm running out of things??)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants