February 27, 2009

7 Quick Takes


  1. 3 days in to Lent and I'm already frustrated! I wanted to read along with the daily meditations in the Word Among Us, but by the time the kids fall asleep I've usually passed out on the couch. Ah well. My 3 year old has pre-k today, if my 7 year old and I get school done by then, hopefully I can get the baby to take a nap and catch up. (What was that? Read with the kids awake? LOL. If only...)
  2. My brother is coming up for the weekend and my house is a mess. Also, he's a very liberal Obama supporter. So it should be interesting. I intend to deflect political discourse with the Wii.
  3. In a desperate attempt to lose the last 15ish pounds of baby weight before she turns 1, I'm trying Slim Fast (okay, Slim Rite, the generic Kroger brand). I know, I know. That's kind of stupid. But as I said...desperate.
  4. I've started reading a book on Thomas Jefferson and some fancy dinner he gave that apparently changed the course of the country. The history nerd in me is ecstatic. I can't get enough of that kind of thing.
  5. The baby is currently tearing through the computer room and I'm letting her just so I can get a few minutes on the computer. Usually she's in my lap bouncing and trying to climb onto the desk, so I'll take what I can get. Now my 3 year old is joining in. This could get ugly. Could? Who am I kidding. WILL.
  6. I've been growing increasingly concerned that the world is going to come to an end. Let's just say I'm very glad I have basic self-sufficiency skills like canning and gardening.
  7. Also, if the economy does completely tank and the world goes nuts, I project that only the cockroaches and the historical re-enactors will survive. Hey, that could be kind of cool...remake a world where stays and petticoats and practical multi-functional aprons once again reign supreme!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)
I've read your blog months and months ago!!! I thought YOU were behind the conversion diary, I was surprised when she talked about her kids without mentioning the problems you face everyday...
I'm so glad I found your blog again!!!


Now I have a blog on my own :)
I've been thinking about telling about my own way to God :) You were really an inspiration in my pro-life journey, thanks.