July 22, 2009

Aren't we supposed to be on summer vacation? It's been so busy! My sister-in-law and her family were here for the weekend from out of state, I don't think I quit moving the whole time. We had what was supposed to be an informal birthday party/cook out (our middle daughter turned 4 recently) and we ended up with 20ish people! It was fun, though! We were at the local amusement park all day Sunday and then the county fair on Monday. Our oldest has day camp all next week so I'm trying to take a breather now!

My garden is doing great. I made and canned zucchini relish today, I'll post a picture later. For now, here's a picture of the lovely strawberry jam I made last month-



Very yummy! I love canning, especially things that come from my garden. It's a bit of work, but I think it's very rewarding. I don't know if I save a lot of money, but it's satisfying preserving foods you've grown with your own hand in your own yard! Plus, the "conspiracy theory" side of me says it's a good skill to have "just in case!" ;)

2 comments:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Hey -- I heard through the grapevine that you were at the amusement park. I would actually love if several of us could pick a day at the end of August (after school starts) and have a "field trip" there. Doesn't that sound like a hoot? (We did it last year, and we had so much fun -- just our family.)

Katie said...

That's sounds great, Angie! A Monday would probably work best for me since my husband works third shift, then he can watch the two little ones while I take Bailey. It is nice to go during the day, no waiting!! We only went this weekend because it was dh's company picnic (and it was PACKED!)