August 7, 2009

7 Quick Takes



---1---


Well, number one on the list is the biggest! You might have noticed the widget on the side of my blog- we're expecting baby #4! He or she is due sometime in April '10. I'll make a solo post on that later, but after the pregnancy loss in May, we appreciate prayers for a healthy pregnancy!



---2---


Remind me never to plant two rows of zucchini again. I don't know what I was thinking. I have zucchini out the wazoo, it's absurd. My freezer is full of bags of shredded zucchini and we've been eating it in various forms every day. I am, quite frankly, getting sick of it!! The good news is I think the plants are nearly done producing. Praise the Lord.


---3---


World Breastfeeding Week ends today! I'm a La Leche League Leader, so I've doing booths at the local WIC celebrations. The girls got to have fun at our neighbor's house (they adore her, we're friends, and she babysits, win-win situation!) while I was gone. It's a nice way to connect with other "professionals" in the community and with nursing and pregnant moms.


---4---


I canned 5 pints of sweet relish last night, and my house reeks of it. Oh well, at least it's a pleasant smell! The recipe I used also has bell peppers in it, so it's a slightly spicy relish. Very yummy! I'm going to do another round of dill pickle spears today or tomorrow. I'm hoping to utilize my parish kitchen soon to can some things, so I can sell them at the local farmers' market and make some money!


---5---


I think the baby is finally going to get moved into her own room this weekend. I hope. At the very least I hope my husband gets the computer moved out! We still need to paint the room and have the carpet cleaned. Sigh. Maybe next weekend is more realistic. She and I are both very light sleepers, room sharing is just not working out for us anymore!


---6---


My husband finally got around to signing up for courses at the local community college. He has issues with fear of failure, so I'm very proud of him. He'll only be able to take a couple classes at a time, but hopefully it will lead to him being able to get a higher paying job (or at least moving up at his current job!)


---7---


We've been having trouble with ants this year and it's driving me nuts! We keep spraying and laying down ant traps and it helps some, but not enough. Gah. At least it's mostly little ones, but ick!



6 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

Congratulations on your news! Many prayers for a happy, healthy baby and mama :)

And good for your husband. My hubby is taking classes right now too, and it's always up in the air as to whether or not he'll continue, because the stress of trying to do a good job in school while supporting a family can be pretty tiresome for him. Hopefully, I can be a solid support to help him get through all of it. You sound like you'll be one of your husband's biggest assets in his studies. Praying for both of you!

Jaclyn said...

Hi! I found your blog via the Quick Takes, and I'm glad I did! :)

Congratulations on your newest baby. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. I also wanted to thank you for your work with LLL. After a *horrible* start BFing my first, I'm very grateful that there are women like you to help women like me!

Katie said...

Thank you both!!

Anne Marie said...

Woo to the Hoo on the addition to the fam. I'm so excited for you all. May she be a blessing to all the world!!!!

Stephanie B. said...

Yea! I'm so excited and happy for you. I'll definitely pray. Saint Gerard...! And St. Colette, too I was recently told.
That's awesome you're a LLL leader. I was an 8 year active member in Madison, IN.

Katie said...

Thanks, Stephanie! I love LLL :)