October 22, 2010

7 Quick Takes







  1. My little man is 10 days old!  It just zips right by.  I forgot how much I love newborns.  It seems like a lot of people don't like the newborn stage, but I eat it up.  I love all the little noises and faces they make, how little and sweet they are!
  2. I took a book with me to the hospital...Song of Susannah, the 6th book in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King.  The nurses thought that was weird.  
  3. We decided to sell 5 of our hens to some friends.  That will leave me with 4, which should be plenty!  I just have too many, my little coop isn't big enough and I have more eggs than I could possibly use.
  4. I am SO happy that fall is finally here!  Have I mentioned lately how much I HATE summer?  Because I do.  I hate it.  Fall, on the other hand, I totally adore.  And I like winter a bunch, too.  Spring is meh.
  5. I can't wait until I feel well enough to start cooking again.  I appreciate dh taking care of everything around the house, but he can't cook to save his life, and I can't handle much more boxed/frozen/processed food.  Gah!
  6. Finn has an appointment with the Holy Spirit this Saturday!  We didn't get around to getting dd3 baptized until she was a few months old, so I'm glad we're on top of it this time.
  7. Riley is LOVING school.  I'm glad we decided to send her, it's been really good for her and they really care a lot about her.  We have her IEP meeting on Monday, I'm going to request a full time aide for her, she could really use one.  Right now the special ed teacher and her aide are in and out assisting her, but they have other kids to attend to and she really needs her own helper.

1 comment:

Katie @ The Catholic Wife.net said...

Newborns ARE such blessings!! My son is 7 months old and I told my husband the other day that I'm getting 'the itch.' "Remember when he was little?" "He's still little," my husband says. "But remember when he was REALLY little?" Enjoy your tiny little one!

I found your blog through Catholic Gadget and so enjoyed it. You are blessed!

http://catholicwife.wordpress.com