April 30, 2009

Spring Cleaning To-do List

With spring here, it's time for me to start thinking about "spring cleaning." I'd really rather not, I hate to clean and I'm horribly disorganized, but it seems to be an inescapable part of adulthood. To try to keep me on task, here's a list, which I'll update as I complete (aren't you excited? I know you're really interested in what I'm cleaning!)

  • GET THE BABY IN HER OWN ROOM! This is top priority, but it's going to take a long time. Which means the computer room needs to be emptied, scrubbed, painted, and the carpet needs clean. I also have to pay the internet provider $75 to reroute.
  • Sort through all the kids old clothes and pack away according to size (right now everything is just thrown together, which makes trying to find the next size for whoever's grown a pain)
  • Clean out my bedroom closest as well as the linen and entry closests
  • Get the garage cleaned out (dh's job)
  • Get the open pantry in the garage cleaned off, buy a pantry that closes (help keep pests away) and reorganize what I've got
  • clean out and organize the chest freezer
  • clean off the shelf in the kitchen that's piled with junk and cookbooks
  • clean out school drawers after our last day of school
  • clean out the dressers in our bedroom (they're full of junk)
  • clean out from under the bed (dh has shoved tons of junk under it!)
Oh my. That's a lot. Who's the patron saint of cleaning? I think I need some help!

No comments: